Endocrinology Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Springfield, MA
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
• Join our growing team of 7 endocrinologists, 4 advanced practitioners and a strong support team which includes Certified Diabetes Educators, RDs, and RNs working in an accredited Diabetes program through the American Diabetes Association.
• Enjoy a clinical focus on diabetes and a hybrid practice model of outpatient and inpatient consults that keeps you engaged, excited and constantly learning and growing.
• Develop expertise in state-of-the-art advanced diabetes technology such as insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitoring and more.
• Strong educational programs are provided to develop and on-board practitioners with ongoing support for clinical and career development/advancement in the area of diabetes.
• Experienced candidates will have the ability to practice autonomously, carrying your own panel of patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting, with attendings available as support.
• This position is full time, with a unique 5-day work week that allows you to enjoy time off during the week in a model that incorporated one weekend a month. No nights.
• Rich academic environment and opportunities to grow and engage in NP and PA student education if interested.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: BC Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with strong interest in diabetes care. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning is essential.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Lindsay Waters, Senior Physician & AP Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Baystate Health is Massachusetts’ third-largest healthcare system and consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts.
With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years. The organization’s historical foundation and vision for the future has allowed it to become a nationally ranked, award-winning, multi-institutional healthcare system. Recently, Baystate Health was recognized as a Thompson Reuters Top 15 Health System for outstanding clinical performance and quality outcomes.
This is your opportunity to join an organization focused on the future of medicine — one whose physicians and advanced practitioners partner with their patients to ensure a higher state of care and better outcomes. At Baystate Health you’ll experience a deeper sense of compassion, greater breadth of diversity and a never-ending desire to raise the standard of medical excellence, regionally and nationally.
Quality of Life
Our health system resides in Hamden, Hampshire and Franklin counties which are home to nearly 800,000 people. Approximately 90 minutes from Boston, 25 minutes from Hartford, and 60 minutes from Albany, Springfield is at the heart of both the region and New England. Most popular towns chosen as home by our providers include Longmeadow, Wilbraham, Amherst and Northampton.
Many of our providers live in northern Connecticut and southern Vermont and New Hampshire due to our proximity to their borders. The area offers beautiful New England neighborhoods with classic historic homes, abundant recreational activities (skiing, hiking, fishing), proximity to the stunning Berkshires (Tanglewood is a national treasure), and vibrant cultural events. Globally known as a mecca for education, western MA is home to top-notch public schools, private schools such as Deerfield Academy and Northfield Mount Hermon, and prestigious colleges and universities such as UMass Amherst, Smith College, Amherst College and Mount Holyoke. The area has abundant cultural activities and amenities available, such as the four Springfield Museums (Art, History, Science, and Dr. Seuss), Basketball and Volleyball Halls of Fame, Forest Park and Zoo, and Six Flags New England.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.