Physician Heart Failure Opportunity
Advanced Heart Failure / VAD Program Faculty Opportunity
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a Heart Failure cardiologist to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
• HIGH-QUALITY. Truven Health Analytics named Baystate Medical Center one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals.
• HIGH-VOLUME. As the region’s tertiary referral center for evaluation and treatment of STEMI, Baystate supports high volume interventional/ surgical programs that provide coronary revascularization and valve repair/replacement. In addition, Baystate provides the only comprehensive advanced heart disease program/ LVAD center in western Massachusetts.
• ROBUST AND GROWING PROGRAM. Join our group of three B/C advanced heart disease specialists in our multi-disciplinary program which provides advanced outpatient management, as well as consultation for destination therapy with durable VAD and/or cardiac transplantation. Our busy inpatient service manages patients requiring both acute and durable mechanical support.
• STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES. The Baystate Heart and Vascular Center includes 6 surgical/endovascular suites (4 hybrid), and 32 cardiovascular critical care rooms designed to create efficient, comfortable care environments for cardiac patients.
• FACULTY APPOINTMENT. Opportunity for clinical education and research with fellow, resident and medical student teaching; faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
• COLLABORATION. Join our large, collegial group of B/C heart failure physicians, vascular surgeons, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, electrophysiologists, anesthesiologists, and radiologists dedicated to success and patient-centered excellence.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: This ideal candidate will have experience/training in the management of advanced heart failure patients, including mechanical support. We have been very successful in mentoring and on-boarding new graduates.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Aaron Kugelmass, MD, Vice President Baystate Health, Chief of Cardiology and Medical Director, Heart & Vascular Program
c/o Carmen Sanderson, Physician Recruiter
Telephone: 413-794-2346 Email: Carmen.Sanderson@BaystateHealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Springfield Region
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is a 716-bed independent academic medical center. BMC is our community's major referral hospital, providing the highest level of care for conditions such as cancer, acute and chronic cardiovascular illness, nervous system illness, digestive illness, and other diseases that affect the major organ systems of the body. BMC is home to the state’s second-busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. Baystate Medical Center has 20+ residency and fellowship programs, as well as educational programs for medical students, nurses and advanced practitioners. Departmental research includes participation in a number of national clinical trials that bring our patients options that might not otherwise be available in our community.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.