Cardiac Surgery 1st Assist
Advanced Practice Opportunity
Baystate Health is seeking Physician Assistants & Acute Care Nurse Practitioners to join our organization in western Massachusetts. The Baystate Heart & Vascular Service has a long tradition of clinical excellence and dedication to patient-centered, innovative, collaborative service which has been recognized by being consistently ranked among the top 50 best hospitals for cardiac care.
Position Highlights –
- Join our cardiac OR team at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield MA. The team consists of 5 experienced APPs who collaborate closely with our cardiac surgeons.
- Over 750 heart surgeries and 300 TAVRs are completed at BMC annually in our 3 state-of-the-art ORs equipped with the latest imaging technology.
- Our service offers the full gamut of adult cardias surgical procedures including durable implantable ventricular assist devices, temporary circulatory support platforms and ECMO.
- Participate in pre-op evaluation of cardiac surgical patients, intraoperative care and post-op care in conjunction with critical care APPs, intensivists and cardiac surgeons.
- Experience and expertise in a comprehensive multidisciplinary collegial evaluation of preop patients and 1st assist responsibilities including endoscopic vein and radial artery harvesting is required.
- We are seeking both a full time AP as well as per diems.
YOU BELONG HERE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: BC physician assistant or acute care nurse practitioner. A minimum of 3 years cardiac 1st assist experience is required.
Located in Springfield, MA, Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is Baystate Health’s flagship hospital. BMC is a 716-bed, independent academic medical center and a training site for the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. BMC is a major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area. We offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start and advance their career.
The Pioneer Valley provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities and is home to five colleges with communities that offer fine dining, shopping, music, galleries, and parks. We are located within two hours of Boston and three hours of NYC and Bradley International Airport is 20 minutes away. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Carmen Sanderson, Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone 413-794-2346 Email Carmen.email@example.com
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Quality of Life
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.