Director of PURCH Clinical Education - Physician Opportunity
***This position is currently only available to physicians already employed at Baystate.
Baystate Health invites our currently employed physicians to consider our opportunity to serve as Director of PURCH Clinical Education.
Position Highlights –
• The Director of PURCH Clinical Education will serve as a leader and representative for our regional medical campus to the Worcester main campus on several core clinical committees.
• The representation of PURCH faculty on these committees is pivotal to the development, implementation, and maintenance of key third and fourth year courses and educational experiences for our students.
• The Director will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Transition to the third year of medical school and the new Health Systems Clerkship courses.
• The Director will also partner with the other PURCH educational leaders in pre-clinical education to develop and implement educational experiences for our students.
• This is a 0.15 (6 hours/week) FTE administrative position.
• Board certified physician in any specialty.
• Must have experience in medical education.
• Must have experience in curriculum development.
• Interest in health equity education is highly desirable.
We will be accepting applications until September 22nd, 2023.
To learn more and express interest, please contact:
Dr. Raquel Belforti, Associate Dean of Education, UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate
C/O Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org RC
Baystate Health is Massachusetts’ third-largest healthcare system and consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts.
With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years. The organization’s historical foundation and vision for the future has allowed it to become a nationally ranked, award-winning, multi-institutional healthcare system. Recently, Baystate Health was recognized as a Thompson Reuters Top 15 Health System for outstanding clinical performance and quality outcomes.
This is your opportunity to join an organization focused on the future of medicine — one whose physicians and advanced practitioners partner with their patients to ensure a higher state of care and better outcomes. At Baystate Health you’ll experience a deeper sense of compassion, greater breadth of diversity and a never-ending desire to raise the standard of medical excellence, regionally and nationally.
Quality of Life
Our health system resides in Hamden, Hampshire and Franklin counties which are home to nearly 800,000 people. Approximately 90 minutes from Boston, 25 minutes from Hartford, and 60 minutes from Albany, Springfield is at the heart of both the region and New England. Most popular towns chosen as home by our providers include Longmeadow, Wilbraham, Amherst and Northampton.
Many of our providers live in northern Connecticut and southern Vermont and New Hampshire due to our proximity to their borders. The area offers beautiful New England neighborhoods with classic historic homes, abundant recreational activities (skiing, hiking, fishing), proximity to the stunning Berkshires (Tanglewood is a national treasure), and vibrant cultural events. Globally known as a mecca for education, western MA is home to top-notch public schools, private schools such as Deerfield Academy and Northfield Mount Hermon, and prestigious colleges and universities such as UMass Amherst, Smith College, Amherst College and Mount Holyoke. The area has abundant cultural activities and amenities available, such as the four Springfield Museums (Art, History, Science, and Dr. Seuss), Basketball and Volleyball Halls of Fame, Forest Park and Zoo, and Six Flags New England.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.