Child Abuse Pediatrician
Child Abuse Pediatrician
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system in western Massachusetts which consists of an academic medical center, three community hospitals and the region’s largest multispecialty group. Our flagship hospital, Baystate Medical Center, is home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School-Baystate. We are seeking a Child Abuse Pediatrician to join our employed physician team at Baystate Children’s Hospital.
Join an organization that has a long and proud tradition of continuous learning and improvement and often are among the first adopters of better ways to deliver care. Be part of an inspired and compassionate team working together to care of communities that need us.
• Baystate Family Advocacy Center (BFAC) is a nationally accredited Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) serving children and families in our region. BFAC is a proud member of the National Children’s Alliance, the Massachusetts Children’s Alliance, and the National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN).
• Join our multidisciplinary team including physicians, social workers, psychiatrists & therapists, specialty child abuse nurses, and support staff in Massachusetts’ only hospital-based Child Advocacy Center.
• Collaborate with our local Child Abuse Prevention Alliance of Hampden County (CAPA), which includes local law enforcement officers, district attorney, child protective services and victim advocates.
• Receive the time and support needed to provide patient and family centric outpatient medical evaluations and care. Facilitate inpatient and ED consults.
• Guide the development of the next generation of physicians; teaching resident, and medical students with a faculty appointment at UMMS Chan - Baystate.
• Time and opportunity to pursue research and other scholarly activities and develop new, value-added services in our general pediatric and pediatric sub-specialty practices.
• Opportunity to serve as Co-Medical Director.
• Qualifications: ABMS fellowship board certification in child abuse is strongly preferred, but non-fellowship trained pediatricians with strong backgrounds in child abuse work are encouraged to apply.
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE:
• Compensation plan includes base salary and opportunity to earn incentive bonuses
• Robust relocation package
• Flexibility- opportunities to flex your FTE to fit your life
• Transparent and equitable promotional practices
• Immediate access to paid time off
• Lucrative 403b match and 457b plan
• Professional development and mentorship
• Wellbeing programs that include mental, physical, and financial health and more
• Baystate Health is a not-for-profit organization and eligible for the US Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. *There are multiple state and federal programs that provide loan forgiveness. It is the responsibility of the candidate to contact the program directly and to make their decision based on what they are trying to accomplish with loan forgiveness.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. We are committed to increasing diverse representation among leadership, providers, and all roles across our organization through changes in policies, procedures, and practices to build equity across the organization.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
For more information please contact:
Melissa Hale, Physician Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.Hale@baystatehealth.org
Baystate Children’s Hospital
Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA, and the only accredited children’s hospital in the region delivering a higher level of care to infants, children and adolescents. Equipped with 110 beds, including 57 bassinettes and the most advanced medical technologies, BCH provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services including children’s primary care, as well as subspecialties including behavioral medicine, cardiac care, diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nutrition, genetics, infectious diseases, pulmonology, neurology and surgical services. Additional pediatric conditions such as dermatology, rheumatology, weight management and eating disorders are also treated at BCH.
Baystate Children’s Specialty Center, located in Springfield, is home to 13 outpatient clinics. The new state-of-the-art building was designed specifically to enhance the patient experience, from its warm and colorful waiting room to the exam rooms designed to encourage excellent multi-specialty collaboration.
Additionally, BCH is a proud partner of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, and features a unique Specialty Center. The Specialty Center is more like a children’s museum and colorful playhouse, enabling us to provide compassionate care in a more comfortable and engaging environment.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.