Psychiatry Medical Director - Griswold Behavioral Health Center
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced Psychiatrist to join our organization.
Position Highlights –
• Team: Join our outpatient psychiatry team that consists of psychiatrists, APRNs, psychiatry residents, psychologists, and social workers at our Griswold Behavioral Health Center located in Palmer, MA. Easy commute to and from Western or Central, Mass.
• Clinical: Focus on evaluation and short-term treatment of a diverse patient population, with excellent collaboration and integration with primary care providers and medical specialists. Opportunity to combine with ECT, TMS, partial hospitalization, or other clinical interests.
• Academics: Enjoy a combination of clinical care and resident/medical student teaching with faculty appointment at UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate. Provide supervision to our 16 psychiatry residents. Opportunity to establish academic presence at our community hospital by developing curriculum to support rotations for medical students and residents
• Leadership: The Medical Director will be an active clinician who is also responsible for the oversight and supervision of staff psychiatrists and other providers within the department. Oversight of our inpatient, consultation, and outpatient services.
• Great work/life balance: Monday- Friday schedule, call is backup to residents. Rare weekend call for extra compensation. Highly competitive benefits, generous time off, and CME support for professional development.
As a part of the Department of Psychiatry for our system, you will experience outstanding teamwork with our multi-disciplinary and well-established group which is dedicated to evidence-based and culturally sensitive care for our community. Professional development opportunities are available and encouraged.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: Candidates must be BC in Psychiatry, and have excellent organizational, communication and team skills. 3+ years of psychiatry experience. Supervisory or management experience is preferred. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Barry Sarvet, Chair, Department of Psychiatry,
c/o Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, CPRP
Phone: 413-794-8701 Email: Ariana.Caradiaz@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Baystate Health is Massachusetts’ third-largest healthcare system and consistently ranks among the nation’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. As a not-for-profit, mission-driven, integrated health system, Baystate Health serves a population of more than 750,000 people in communities across western Massachusetts.
With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years. The organization’s historical foundation and vision for the future has allowed it to become a nationally ranked, award-winning, multi-institutional healthcare system. Recently, Baystate Health was recognized as a Thompson Reuters Top 15 Health System for outstanding clinical performance and quality outcomes.
This is your opportunity to join an organization focused on the future of medicine — one whose physicians and advanced practitioners partner with their patients to ensure a higher state of care and better outcomes. At Baystate Health you’ll experience a deeper sense of compassion, greater breadth of diversity and a never-ending desire to raise the standard of medical excellence, regionally and nationally.
Quality of Life
Our health system resides in Hamden, Hampshire and Franklin counties which are home to nearly 800,000 people. Approximately 90 minutes from Boston, 25 minutes from Hartford, and 60 minutes from Albany, Springfield is at the heart of both the region and New England. Most popular towns chosen as home by our providers include Longmeadow, Wilbraham, Amherst and Northampton.
Many of our providers live in northern Connecticut and southern Vermont and New Hampshire due to our proximity to their borders. The area offers beautiful New England neighborhoods with classic historic homes, abundant recreational activities (skiing, hiking, fishing), proximity to the stunning Berkshires (Tanglewood is a national treasure), and vibrant cultural events. Globally known as a mecca for education, western MA is home to top-notch public schools, private schools such as Deerfield Academy and Northfield Mount Hermon, and prestigious colleges and universities such as UMass Amherst, Smith College, Amherst College and Mount Holyoke. The area has abundant cultural activities and amenities available, such as the four Springfield Museums (Art, History, Science, and Dr. Seuss), Basketball and Volleyball Halls of Fame, Forest Park and Zoo, and Six Flags New England.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.