Division Chief, Child Neurology
Baystate Children’s Hospital is a 107-bed facility which provides complete critical care programs, including the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services. Additionally, Baystate Children’s Specialty Center houses 15 pediatric specialty services under one roof, with focus on care coordination, comfort and convenience for children and families. We offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians to start and advance their career.
We are seeking a Division Chief of Child Neurology to lead our neurology team at Baystate Children’s Hospital.
Position Highlights –
• The new Chief will have full institutional support to develop innovative approaches to enhance our inpatient consulting and busy outpatient program.
• Lead a team of two faculty child neurologists with an outstanding practice manager and support staff.
• Practice in our beautiful new state-of-the-art outpatient facility which is home to 15 pediatric specialties. Excellent hospitalist, genetics, neuroradiology and developmental-behavioral pediatrics collaboration. We have a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient neurophysiology service including routine EEG, ambulatory EEG and long-term video monitoring.
• Combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with University of Massachusetts Medical School with faculty appointment commensurate with experience.
• Potential relationship with Boston Children’s Hospital, Department of Neurology that supports the clinical and academic missions of both departments; opportunity for research collaboration and mentorship at Boston Children’s Hospital
• Highly competitive compensation & benefits, bonus and student loan forgiveness available.
Qualifications: Chief candidates will demonstrate excellent clinical and teaching skills, a track record of scholarly productivity in clinical pediatric neurology and/or education, and leadership potential. 5+ years’ experience is required.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Charlotte Boney, Chair of the Department of Pediatrics
c/o Melissa Hale, Lead Senior Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-2624 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: Melissa.Hale@baystatehealth.org
3+ years experience plus proven track record of successful leadership roles is required.
Baystate Children’s Hospital
Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA, and the only accredited children’s hospital in the region delivering a higher level of care to infants, children and adolescents. Equipped with 110 beds, including 57 bassinettes and the most advanced medical technologies, BCH provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services including children’s primary care, as well as subspecialties including behavioral medicine, cardiac care, diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nutrition, genetics, infectious diseases, pulmonology, neurology and surgical services. Additional pediatric conditions such as dermatology, rheumatology, weight management and eating disorders are also treated at BCH.
Baystate Children’s Specialty Center, located in Springfield, is home to 13 outpatient clinics. The new state-of-the-art building was designed specifically to enhance the patient experience, from its warm and colorful waiting room to the exam rooms designed to encourage excellent multi-specialty collaboration.
Additionally, BCH is a proud partner of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, and features a unique Specialty Center. The Specialty Center is more like a children’s museum and colorful playhouse, enabling us to provide compassionate care in a more comfortable and engaging environment.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.