Academic Physician Internal Medicine -Pediatrics Opportunity
Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system in western Massachusetts which consists of an academic medical center, three community hospitals, and the region’s largest multispecialty group. Our flagship hospital, Baystate Medical Center, is home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School-Baystate. We are seeking an Internal Medicine-Pediatric physician to join our employed physician team at Mason Square Community Health Center.
Join an organization that has a long and proud tradition of continuous learning and improvement and often is among the first adopters of better ways to deliver care. Be part of an inspired and compassionate team working together to care of communities that need us.
• Join a dedicated team of physicians and advanced practitioners providing outpatient innovative and compassionate, comprehensive, and community-based care to the inner-city community. NACQ patient-centered medical home.
• Care for a population with complex needs and health disparities with opportunities for community involvement.
• Our NACQ Patient Centered Medical Home offers on-site support from our multidisciplinary team of: Certified Nurse-midwives, Behavioral health, Opioid addiction treatment, HIV Specialist, Infectious disease, and pharmacy. Strong subspecialty support from specialists’ at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA.
• Faculty appointment to UMass Chen School of Medicine. Precept the next generation of Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residents and medical students.
• Our positions offer a mix of primary care, urgent care and teaching opportunities.
THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH BAYSTATE:
• Compensation plan includes base salary and opportunity to earn incentive bonuses.
• Robust relocation package
• Flexibility- opportunities to flex your FTE to fit your life
• Transparent and equitable promotional practices
• Immediate access to paid time off
• Lucrative 403b match and 457b plan
• Professional development and mentorship
• Wellbeing programs that include mental, physical, and financial health and more
• Baystate Health is a not-for-profit organization and eligible for the US Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program as well as the Massachusetts Loan Repayment Program in certain locations. *There are multiple state and federal programs that provide loan forgiveness. It is the responsibility of the candidate to contact the program directly and to make their decision based on what they are trying to accomplish with loan forgiveness.
Qualifications: Candidates must be BC/BE by the American Board of Internal Medicine-Pediatrics. Role modeling of exceptional clinical, teaching and communication skills in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment is expected.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Paul Pirraglia, Division Chief of Community Health Centers
c/o Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, CPRP
Physician and Advanced Practitioner Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-8701 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: Ariana.Caradiaz@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Baystate Springfield Region
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is a 716-bed independent academic medical center. BMC is our community's major referral hospital, providing the highest level of care for conditions such as cancer, acute and chronic cardiovascular illness, nervous system illness, digestive illness, and other diseases that affect the major organ systems of the body. BMC is home to the state’s second-busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. Baystate Medical Center has 30+ residency and fellowship programs, as well as educational programs for medical students, nurses and advanced practitioners. Departmental research includes participation in a number of national clinical trials that bring our patients options that might not otherwise be available in our community.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.