Community Health Family Nurse Practitioner Residency
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate is seeking Family Nurse Practitioners to join our, 12-month full-time residency.
New FNP graduates (within 18 months of graduation) will:
• Gain a foundation to build their career as a primary care provider in community health center setting. Precept at one of our Community Health Centers – Baystate High Street in Springfield, MA
• Learn comprehensive primary care for complex underserved populations across the life span with clinical and professional support from experienced nurse practitioners.
• Work alongside preceptors and team members with a wide variety of expertise and clinical interests. Residents interested in women’s health, international medicine, addiction medicine, chronic disease management, office procedures and new models of health care delivery will have opportunities to learn from experts.
• Residents will participate in a robust didactic program alongside other newly hired advanced practitioners, have extensive Precepting and mentor support during clinic session, and develop and manage your own panel of patients.
• Applicants must submit a resume, NP school transcript, Essay/Narrative Response and two letters of recommendation
• Will be a recent or pending graduate of a Masters or DNP program in nursing
• Certified or board eligible as a Family Nurse Practitioner in Massachusetts
• Stated commitment to practice as a primary care provider in a community health center or primary care setting
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. We are committed to increasing diverse representation among leadership, providers, and all roles across our organization through changes in policies, procedures and practices in order to build equity across the organization.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
To learn more and express interest, please contact:
Katie Costa, NP, APP Supervisor
C/O Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, Sr. Physician and APP Recruiter
Phone: 413-794-8701 Email: Ariana.Caradiaz@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Baystate Springfield Region
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is a 716-bed independent academic medical center. BMC is our community's major referral hospital, providing the highest level of care for conditions such as cancer, acute and chronic cardiovascular illness, nervous system illness, digestive illness, and other diseases that affect the major organ systems of the body. BMC is home to the state’s second-busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. Baystate Medical Center has 30+ residency and fellowship programs, as well as educational programs for medical students, nurses and advanced practitioners. Departmental research includes participation in a number of national clinical trials that bring our patients options that might not otherwise be available in our community.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.
I understand and acknowledge that as a condition of my employment, I will be required to be vaccinated and follow all required protocols for the influenza vaccine, and the COVID-19 Vaccine as designated by Baystate Health, unless otherwise exempted from such requirements by applicable law.