Critical Care Faculty Opportunity
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a BE/BC Critical Care physician to join our organization in western Massachusetts.
Position Highlights –
- Join our team of 20+ pulmonary & critical care physicians at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield MA.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate. Teach pulmonary/critical care fellows, residents and medical students.
- Opportunity for leadership role in with our fellowship program based on desire and experience.
- Clinical research-oriented division with years of extramural support. Opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration in the fields of medical, surgical, and neuro-critical healthcare delivery and outcomes. Medical education research is also available in collaboration with UMMS.
- Clinical investigation is active in thematic areas of distinctive research including ARDS, sepsis and hemodynamic evaluation.
Qualifications: ABMS BC/BE in critical care medicine and a strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning. Demonstrated experience as a clinical educator as well as scholarship experience is important. Neuro-critical care experience desired but not required.
Located in Springfield, MA, Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is Baystate Health’s flagship hospital. BMC is a 716-bed, independent academic medical center and a training site for the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. We offer over 30 residency and fellowship programs and have recently launched our new University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate regional medical school campus. BMC is a major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area. We offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians to start and advance their career.
Baystate Health is in the heart of the Pioneer Valley, which boasts a lively mix of old-world New England charm and the vibrant energy of the revitalized city of Springfield. Enjoy easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York City without the expensive cost of living. A short drive gets you to Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Pops, Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary, and the unrivaled food scene of the college towns of Amherst and Northampton. Your weekends can be filled with shopping, farmers markets, unique restaurants, and day trips to big cities, beaches and mountains.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Victor Pinto-Plata, Chief of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
c/o Melissa Hale, Lead Senior Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-2624 Email: Melissa.email@example.com
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Quality of Life
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.