Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. A recognized leader in educational innovation, Baystate Medical Center has been training doctors since 1914. Today, over 300 residents and fellows in 10 residency and 20 fellowship programs are in training at Baystate, the regional campus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate.
Baystate Health is seeking a Primary Care physician to join our nationally recognized faculty. We welcome you to join our team and teach the next generation of Internal Medicine or Med Peds residents in Springfield, MA.
Key components of the position:
• FACULTY APPOINTMENT TO UMASS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE and an opportunity to teach medical students from the UMMS-Baystate Regional Campus and residents from the Baystate Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Programs.
• TEAM-BASED CARE MODEL IN A PATIENT CENTRIC ORGANIZATION THAT CARES FOR A CULTURALLY DIVERSE AND EQUALLY VALUED COMMUNITY. The physician experience includes being part of a team of healthcare professionals working together. The team includes nurse clinical coordinators, behavioral health partners, community health workers, pharmacy consultants, on-site specialists, advanced practice providers and residents.
• A UNIQUE SYSTEM EXPERIENCE aiming to work on population health, patient access, system efficiencies, service and quality of care as we evolve towards a value based system in the Medicaid and Medicare payers. The new ACO model provides coverage to the vast majority of the population we serve.
• AN OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN A NCQA LEVEL III PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME that is nationally recognized for its work in Academic Innovation, Patient Access, Highly Reliable Systems and Top Tier Quality.
• OUTSTANDING BENEFITS PACKAGE AND WORK LIFE BALANCE. Sign on bonus (paid within first 30 days of EMPLOYMENT, Generous compensation package, CME Allowance and time, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off. Flexible works schedules.
Candidates must be BC/BE by the American Board of Internal Medicine or Med Peds. Role modeling of exceptional clinical, teaching and communication skills in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment is expected.
The Baystate Health System is located in the heart of the Pioneer Valley. The Valley boasts a lively mix of the old world New England charm and the vibrant energy of the revitalized city of Springfield.
The close proximity to Connecticut and Hartford, its capital, possess additional opportunities for housing, dining, and entertainment. A short drive to the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, the Boston Pops, and Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary as well as many multicultural restaurants of Springfield’s vibrant foodie scene. Easy access to major cities such as Boston and New York without the expensive cost of living.
For more information, please visit: www.ChooseBaystateHealth.org
Apply to: Elizabeth Fox, DASPR, Senior Recruiter at Baystate Health
Phone: 413-794-7726 Fax: 413-794-5059 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Qualified applicants will be ABMS BE/BE in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Med-Peds and possess a strong commitment to working with our underserved community and comfortable with medically complex patients. The ability to function well as part of a medical team is essential. Fluency in medical Spanish is a plus.
Baystate Springfield Region
Baystate Medical Center (BMC) is a 716-bed independent academic medical center. BMC is our community's major referral hospital, providing the highest level of care for conditions such as cancer, acute and chronic cardiovascular illness, nervous system illness, digestive illness, and other diseases that affect the major organ systems of the body. BMC is home to the state’s second-busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level 1 trauma center. Baystate Medical Center has 20+ residency and fellowship programs, as well as educational programs for medical students, nurses and advanced practitioners. Departmental research includes participation in a number of national clinical trials that bring our patients options that might not otherwise be available in our community.
Quality of Life
Baystate Children’s Hospital is in the heart of Springfield, with inpatient services at our main hospital and outpatient clinics in the Springfield community. Iconic venues like the Quadrangle museum cluster, Basketball Hall of Fame and Mass Mutual Center give way to picturesque Forest Park and Zoo, Six Flags New England, historic towns, and great dining, shopping and entertainment. The area boasts many beautiful homes in good neighborhoods, a great selection of public and private schools, as well as prestigious colleges and universities. Living costs in Springfield are 14% lower than the Massachusetts average. Other popular towns that our providers choose to live in are Longmeadow, Amherst and Northampton, MA as well as the Connecticut towns of Enfield, Suffield and Granby.
Inquire about this position
If you’re interested in this position, we would love to hear from you! Please call me or complete this form and I will get back in touch with you.